Completing the Volunteer Certification Process
WHEN ALL REQUIRED PARTS ARE COMPLETE TURN ALL DOCUMENTS INTO OLOM SCHOOL
All persons planning to volunteer at Our Lady of Mercy School in any capacity must complete the following requirements of the Diocesan Child Protection Program. Please note that all must be completed at least two weeks prior to the volunteer activity.
The following certification requirements can be accessed by logging into the Office of Child and Youth Protection’s website: http://www.diobrocyp.org/. Click on Certification Requirements under the information section. On the bottom right side of this page you will find links to numbers 1-3 below:
1. Complete an EAPPS Application
* All parts of the application must be completed.
* A minimum of a five-year residential history is required.
* For the Reference section, please list a complete address (street name and house number), along with contact information (phone number and area code).
* You must INITIAL each of the items in the Declarations section.
* If needing to transfer and you plan to volunteer in other parishes or at another site within your parish, please list them in the Selected Sites section. The first site that you list will be classified as your “primary” site (ex.: OLOM School), and any other site (ex.: OLOM Church) would become a secondary site.
2. Read and sign the Code of Ethics Acknowledgement Form
3. Completion of the Recognizing Child Abuse online training.
* Once you have completed the program and passed the online quiz, please remember to print your certificate.
* Please give a copy of your certificate to Ashley Fontenot located in the Main Office of the School. (Please remember to keep a copy for your own records.)
4. Background Check/Fingerprinting – Please contact Ms. Ashley Fontenot for the forms to complete.
If you have any questions, please contact Ashley Fontenot at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the office number (225) 924-1054.