STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math), is a fee-based after school enrichment program available to those students who would like to be further challenged beyond what is offered in the classroom. It involves critical thinking components and problem solving with integration of the school curriculum. STEAM includes math skills and games and uses technology to improve writing, reading, and expression and creativity through art.
Good Deed Rocks
This project was proposed, developed, and is sponsored by the 3rd, 4th, 7th, and 8th, grade STEAM classes.
The idea of the GOOD DEEDS ROCK project is to spread the good will of the season of Advent among our school congregation. It puts a new letter into our STEAM name, the letter "R" for Religion. Many of you may have noticed these multi-colored decorated rocks around campus, but you didn’t know what they were about.
If you see a GOOD DEEDS ROCK, do not take it unless you’re willing to do 3 things within 24 hours:
1. You must be willing to do a good deed for someone or something nice to help someone.
2. You must be willing to log your good deed on our GOOGLE FORM. Each rock has a code number.
3. You must be willing to replace the rock somewhere on campus to be found again.
A few guidelines are:
1. This is not a scavenger hunt. Do not hide the rocks. We want people to do good deeds!
2. This is not a popularity contest. We may highlight some of the good deeds done, but we will not acknowledge the person who does the good deed.
3. Have fun spreading good will during this season of Advent at our school!